The Royal Spanish Automobile Federation has signed an agreement for the promotion of the Spanish Formula 4 2020 Championship with Agrupación Deportiva Fórmula 4 Spain, a sports club made up of a large part of the teams competing in this event.
The promoting entity is an evolution of the system adopted during the last season, in which the teams jointly managed the development of the championship. The new sports club, which can include any team that participates in the Spanish Formula 4 Championship, is chaired by Miguel Ángel de Castro. Likewise, the entity’s management will be assumed by Álvaro Martínez de Tejada, an engineer with extensive experience in Motorsport industry.
Furthermore, the Organizing Committee, which will be made up of Javier Sanz and Héctor Atienza, representing the RFEDA, and Miguel Ángel de Castro and Mariano Molina, representing the teams. All this, under the presidency of Joaquín Verdegay, vice president of the RFEDA.
At the signing of the agreement, it has been agreed that, given the situation that sport is going through as a result of the pandemic, the organizing committee will be granted to carry out a series of regulatory changes to adapt the regulations to the new needs of the competition for the upcoming exceptional season 2020.
Regarding the final calendar of this edition, the organizing committee has made the following proposal, which will be submitted for ratification by the delegated commission of the RFEDA:
Events Calendar 2020 Season *
– July 18 and 19 at the Los Arcos Circuit, Navarra, together with the Spanish Endurance Championship
– August 22 and 23 at the Circuit de Paul Ricard, France, together with the GT Open and EuroFormula Open
– September 19 and 20 at the Ángel Nieto Circuit, Jerez de la Frontera with the Spanish Resistance Championship
– September 26 and 27 at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit, Cheste, together with the RFEDA Racing Weekend
– October 31 and November 1 in Motorland Aragón, Alcañiz, together with the World Touring Car Cup (WTCR) and Racing Weekend of the RFEDA
– November 14 and 15 at the Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya, Montmeló, together with Racing Weekend of the RFEDA
– 7th Event at the Jarama Circuit, Madrid (together with the RFEDA Racing Weekend) with a date pending confirmation.
* Pending approval by the delegated commission of the RFEDA.
Joaquín Verdegay: “We can feel proud of this new advance within the Spanish Formula 4 Championship, which is a true hotbed of young promises. The figure of the promoter grants an advanced level in the organizational solidity, guaranteeing to all the participating teams an adequate management, always from the hand of the RFEDA ”.
Miguel Ángel de Castro: “As representative of the F4 teams and President of the Agrupación Deportiva F4 Spain, I am very proud to have been able to reach an agreement with RFEDA for the promotion of the ??F4 Spanish Championship, certified by FIA, with the sole objective of become a world-class Championship for all those drivers who jump from karting to the world of single-seaters and whose goal is to reach F1. With the constant support of RFEDA and the great effort of the Teams in the last two years, we have reached a point of great world level with the Spanish F4 and we want to continue improving. Since we believe that with the teams that we currently have, with the professionals that we are going to integrate and with the circuits that are on our calendar, we can aspire to it. The steps that all parties are taking, we believe will lead us to a much more professional structure and with which we plan to develop different ways to promote young talents to the world of professional motorsport in the upcoming years ”.